Quality, Accreditations, Designations, and Awards
Gila Regional Medical Center caregivers dedicate themselves to providing patients and other customers with the best care and service.
GRMC holds accreditations and has won a number of awards for quality patient care. But it's not just about awards. It's about making a difference every day. This journey inspires us to be the best place to work, to receive care and to practice medicine.
According to the QNM website, Quality New Mexico administers the New Mexico Quality Awards. The program assesses and recognizes organizations at three levels: Piñon Recognition for commitment, Roadrunner Recognition for progress, and Zia Award for performance excellence.
- Quality New Mexico Roadrunner Recognition 2012, 2010, 2009 and 2008. Quality New Mexico, the independently founded nonprofit for statewide education, evaluation and recognition based on the Baldrige National Program for Performance Excellence.
- Quality New Mexico Pinon Recognition 2003, 2006 and 2007.
for Knee and Hip Replacement
by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Geography in 2010.
- Health Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) Analytics Stage 6 Recognition in 2009 GRMC is among the top 1% of healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico that have reached this significant milestone, and one of only 5 hospitals with less than 100 to do so. A Stage 6 hospital has an almost paperless medical record environment.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Clinical Laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologist.
- Diabetes Education Program at GRMC recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Education Department is a designated American Heart Association Training Center.
- The New Mexico Breastfeeding Taskforce, a committee of the New Mexico Pediatric Society, has presented the Shining Star award to hospitals in the state that have eliminated the use of formula company marketing materials. GRMC was one of the 10 New Mexico hospitals to receive the award for on-going practices to support breastfeeding.
5-star award for GRMC's Hospitalist Program and a
4-star award for GRMC's Radiology
Department. The PRC award is based upon data gathered from GRMC and many other U.S. hospitals. The information is compiled to evaluate how staff from each facility rates the program or department.