Gila Regional HealthReach
The purpose of the program is to provide Diabetes Self Management Education (DSME) for people with diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiac risk. DSME means learning the information and skills necessary to take care of your health on a daily basis.
Health conditions can be less stressful if you know more about them. Reaching your goals, healthy eating, and being more active are skills we can help you learn. It is information the entire family can use to be healthier. Education and knowledge puts you in control!
- Your doctor / provider will fax an Education Referral form to us.
- Once we receive the referral, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- (If you are interested in our services but your provider has not referred you, you may contact us. We will request a referral from your provider. When we receive the referral, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.)
- Your first appointment will be with a Registered Nurse and / or a Certified Diabetes Educator. If you would like the education session(s) to be in Spanish, we will arrange for an experienced translator to attend.
- During your first appointment, you and the R.N. will decide upon an education plan that meets your needs.
- Individual Diabetes Education:
- Pregnant Women
- Diabetes Nutrition Counseling
- Group Diabetes Education
- Interactive small group sessions
- Afternoons and Evenings
- Pre-Diabetes, High Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Education
- Certified Diabetes Educators (C.D.E.'s)
- Registered Dietitian (R.D.)
- Registered Nurses (R.N.'s)
- Clinical Support Specialist
For more information or to get started, please call: (575) 538-4826
Office hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
If you are unable to call during business hours, please leave your name and telephone number and we will return your call.