GRMC Foundation Polly Pine Memorial Scholarships
The GRMC Foundation has established 2 (two) scholarships in memory of Polly Pine. One scholarship is designed to assist those individuals who are entering into or who are completing an RN program. The second scholarship is designed to assist those individuals enrolled in a health care field, administratively or professionally.
- All applicants must be accepted into an accredited nursing program or in an accredited health care program.
- Preference will be given to residents of the four county areas (Grant, Luna, Hidalgo and Catron) and to GRMC employees/families.
- References will be required to be furnished for applicants. For GRMC employees, recommendation by hospital administration will be required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who express intent to remain and work in the community after graduation. Intent to work at GRMC, if a position is available, will merit special consideration.
- Recipients will have scholastic progress monitored by the committee. Failure to maintain a 2.5 GPA during the first semester will cause recipients to be placed on probation. Failure to maintain a 2.5 GPA for two consecutive semesters will mean forfeiture of further scholarship money. Grades must be submitted to the Personnel Office at the completion of each semester.
- Recipients in programs longer than two semesters may reapply for scholarships yearly. Rejected applicants may reapply yearly.
- Scholarships will be awarded in amounts of up to $500 per year, dependent upon available funds and applicant need. Scholarships are granted by the year and awarded by the semester (maximum of (2) semesters per year).