Since its founding in 1969, the Gila Regional Medical Center Auxiliary has been committed to supporting GRMC and its mission of providing exceptional quality, patient-centered care.
During fiscal year 2014, GRMC Auxiliary worked 19,599 volunteer hours and volunteered by 75 active members.
Making a Difference
Over the past decade, the Auxiliary's fundraising efforts - Gift Shop, Flower sales, bake sales, scrub sales, vending machines, craft fairs, and donations -- have helped to raise more than $286,000 for hospital equipment, facilities and scholarships. Here is a summary of recent contributions.
- Automatic doors for Surgery and the Chemotherapy departments
- Two Bariatric wheelchairs
- Doppler for the ER
- Two stretchers
- A scholarship fund for healthcare caregivers providing $22,000 in funds
- Blanket warmers for ER, Infusion Center, Labor & Delivery and Cancer Center
- Established Cancer Lunch Program that serves complimentary lunches to patients undergoing treatment
What We Do
The Auxiliary supports Gila Regional through a wide variety of activities throughout the hospital. In 2013-2014 Fiscal Year the Auxiliary worked over 19,599 volunteer hours. Work includes:
- ER Information Desk services
- Front Desk Information services
- Gift Shop & Flower Sales
- Cancer Center assistance
- Cancer Center meal program
- Juice Cart
- Book sorting & distributions
- Magazine sorting & distributions
- Office work
- Heart Pillows/blankets
- Teddy Bears assistance program
- MAP (Medication Assistance Program) administration
- Infusion Meal Program
- Surgical Center Information Desk
- Fundraisers: Scrub Sales, Linen Sale and Purse Sale
- Discounts in the gift shop, cafeteria and fitness center
- A monthly newsletter
- Invitations to complimentary luncheons and socials
- An opportunity to use their unique talents as a volunteer in a wide variety of service areas
Our process to get you started includes an interview, orientation, and training. Contact our Auxiliary Volunteer coordinator at 575-538-4074 or for information. Pick up an application at GRMC's Visitor Entrance Information Desk. Join our dynamic team!
2016-2017 Auxiliary Officers and Board Members
Gila Regional Medical Center (GRMC) Auxiliary Officers and Board Members for 2016-2017 were installed at their June Meeting.
Pictured (left to right) are:
Consuelo Hester - Board Member
Jennifer Yost - Vice President
Jerry Ouzts - Board Member
Frances Day – President
Eileen Smith - Secretary
MaryJo Tillman - Treasurer
Molly Healy - Board member.