Have an online My Medical Records account?
Medical Records Request
Gila Regional's Medical Records or Health Information Management (HIM) department employs transcriptionists, coders, scanners and medical records file clerks to transcribe, code and file patient "history and physical" notes, progress notes, radiology notes, operative notes, and discharge notes, and place them in patient files.
Interested in an online My Medical Records Account.
Medical Records / Health Information Management Department:
- Office Hours: Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST)
- Phone: 575-538-4108
- Fax: 575-538-4114
- Office Location: Enter at the Visitor Entrance (Canopy) at Gila Regional Medical Center, from the First Floor lobby, go left and the Medical Records office is next to Infusion Services.
How to Get Copies
If you need a copy of your medical records, or some portion of them, you need to come in person to the Gila Regional Medical Records / HIM Office and sign a release -- download the PDF Health Information Release form.
- Bring a picture ID with you
- Allow about 15 minutes for the materials you have requested to be found and copied.
- Please allow 3-5 days for processing of new information
- Physical copies of medical records have a fee of $30 for the first 15 pages and 25¢ per page after
Physicians and other healthcare providers who call for patient records in order to ensure continuum of care are faxed or e-mailed a copy of the requested materials.
For Your Baby
An HIM Professional will use the information about your baby during your stay to register your baby's birth with the State of New Mexico.