Download the latest Auxiliary Newsletter
The 2012-2013 Gila Regional Medical Center Auxiliary Officers and
Board Members are pictured:
back row from left: Past President Sally Goss, President Renny Hutton, Vice President Eileen Smith, Secretary Donnamarie Spruce, Treasurer Mary Jo Tillman, Gift Shop Manager Patsy Miller, and Executive Board Member Jerry Friedler.
Pictured in front from the left: Volunteer Coordinator (and back-up Treasurer) Karen Boyer and Executive Board Member Pat Gaaerttner.
Fresh floral arrangements from Silver City Floral are for sale in the GRMC Auxiliary gift shop.
Since its founding in 1969, the Gila Regional Medical Center Auxiliary has been committed to supporting GRMC and its mission of providing exceptional quality, patient-centered care.
Making a Difference
Over the past decade, the Auxiliary's fundraising efforts - Gift Shop, Flower sales, bake sales, scrub sales, vending machines, craft fairs, and donations -- have helped to raise more than $286,000 for hospital equipment, facilities and scholarships. Here is a summary of recent contributions.
- Automatic doors for Surgery and the Chemotherapy departments
- A fund for cancer programs to benefit patients
- Two Bariatric wheelchairs
- Doppler for the ER
- Two stretchers
- A scholarship fund for healthcare caregivers providing $22,000 in funds
- Blanket warmers for ER, Infusion Center, Labor & Delivery and Cancer Center
- Established Cancer Lunch Program that serves complimentary lunches to patients undergoing treatment
What We Do
The Auxiliary supports Gila Regional through a wide variety of activities throughout the hospital. In 2011-2012 Fiscal Year the Auxiliary worked over 18,887 volunteer hours. Work includes:
- Billy Casper Wellness Center
- Front Desk
- Cleaning equipment
- Office work
- Newsletter team reporter
- ER Information Desk services
- Front Desk Information services
- Gift Shop & Flower Sales
- Cancer Center assistance
- Cancer Center meal program
- Caregiver Craft Fair fundraiser
- Juice Cart
- Book sorting & distributions
- Magizine sorting & distributions
- Heart Pillows/blankets
- Teddy Bears assistance program
- MAP (Medication Assistance Program) administration
- Plant program
- Discounts in the gift shop, cafeteria and fitness center
- A monthly newsletter
- Invitations to complimentary luncheons and socials
- An opportunity to use their unique talents as a volunteer in a wide variety of service areas
Our process to get you started includes an interview, orientation, and training. Contact our Auxiliary Volunteer coordinator at 575-538-4074 or for information. Pick up an application at GRMC's Visitor Entrance Information Desk. Join our dynamic team!
Auxiliary member Jeanne Shaner winning the first drawings at the members meeting.